Thursday, March 03, 2011

Trying this again and Happy Birthday Dr.Seuss !

I suppose that after almost 5 years..it is about time that I update this blog. After much encouragement from 2 great friends,here I am ! Having a hard time believing that it has been that long since I have written. So many exciting things have happened and my kids have grown into a teen and a pre-teen. I am excited about this new adventure ! There are so many fun and fabulous blogs that I get inspiration from and I look forward to sharing them along with projects I am working on.




As you may have heard,yesterday was Dr Seuss' Birthday. Every year since I can remember I have made cupcakes shaped into a Cat in the Hat's hat for a treat for either Logan or Lindsay's class. This is the Hat that I usually make..




This year I found an amazing idea from Christy Jordan at Southern Plate. She is inspiring !



This is what I did this year,forgive the picture. This delightful treasure is A Wocket in your Pocket ! Frosted cupcake cones with orange frosting and sprinkles.Mine are not nearly as cute as Christy's but I am out of practice with frosting.. After the children have eaten their cupcake,they can clean the Wocket and have it for their pocket. Love this and so easy ! If you have not been to Southern Plate you much go check it out ! The kids loved these and that is what makes me happy. I must say though transporting was a bit of a mess but we got them there.


So excited about sharing again and updating on our life. We are truly blessed and beyond thankful to be where we are. Come back soon as this whole blog adventure is truly a work in progress !


Enjoy,
Erin

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Yay Erin. Glad you're back. Although I didn't know you back when you started this, I am glad you are back in the groove.
Love the cupcakes last years and this years. xoxo