Monday, March 07, 2011

Pickin Wildflowers..or Daffodils rather

Every Spring,I look forward to the daffodils blooming ! They are my all time favorite flower. I love that they are so simple and smell so good,helps that they are yellow and one of my favorite colors too. When we first moved to the house we are in now,we went walking one day towards the woods and stumbled across a beautiful hill of flowers. As we walked closer,we realized it was a cemetery filled with flowers. So very pretty but neglected.







If you look close you can see the date on the grave stone bleow is October 1876.. I am amazed by this and like to think that the flowers that grow there now were planted back then for the loved ones that died/



The above is just a small part of the area..it is a huge square..and this is just the beginning of the blooming..


This tree is centered in with the graves and flowers all around it...I like to think this tree was planted back then too.



We have been going to the field for over 3 years and this is the first year that I noticed these cement flowers on top on this marker..makes me believe that these beautiful daffodils were planted way back then..the stories I bet they could tell..




The flowers of our labor..beautiful and smell amazing !





My sweet husband helping to pick..no idea I have taken a picture..


Hope you enjoyed the walk to my secret spot..still working on my craft room..sneak peek tomorrow!



Enjoy,

Erin




No comments: